At St Bernadette’s, staff know that safeguarding is everyone's responsibility. We are committed and proud of the safe and secure environment we have created for children, staff and visitors. We constantly promote, and therefore, have created, a climate where children and adults feel confident about sharing any concerns which they may have about their own safety or the well-being of others.
Three members of our senior team make up the designated safeguarding leaders (DSL) team. We have a range of responsibilities attached to these roles including (but not limited to):
- Creating and maintaining the best culture of safeguarding
- Continually raising awareness of safeguarding with staff, pupils, governors and families
- Implementing a strategic training plan for staff, pupils, governors and parents.
- Working with a range of other agencies
- Protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- Preventing harm to children’s health or development
- Taking decisive action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Safeguarding children and child protection guidance and legislation applies to all children up to the age of 18.
If you have any concerns or further questions please do not hesitate to contact one of our designated safeguarding leads on 01916433400 or email@example.com (Subject: FAO DSL).